Thwane Bush Camp
Parys, Free State
Thwane Bush Camp is nestled in the hills of the Vredefort Dome World Heritage Site, approximately 12 km from Vredefort and 17 km from Parys. Where leopard still dare to roam, you will find Thwane Bush Camp an exclusive Safari-style tented camp offering comfortable and affordable accommodation for up to 72 guests. Situated on a bushveld farm with a large variety of game such as wildebeest, blesbuck, red hartebeest, zebra, springbuck etc.
Centrally situated between Gauteng, Free State and North West Province, Thwane Bush Camp is 2 hours’ drive away from Pretoria in the North and only 90 minutes from Johannesburg. Thwane Bush Camp is also perfectly situated close to Klerksdorp and Potchefstroom in the West and Welkom/Kroonstad in the South.
Thwane Bush Camp offers 4 camps situated close to each other and within walking distance from the Main Lapa as well as the swimming pool located at reception and the day visitor’s area.
Ideally suited for Groups up to 36 people offering:
9 luxury tents
- Ideally suited for Groups up to 36 people offering.
- 9 x Safari tents that sleeps 4 pax each with en-suite shower, basin & toilet, all linen provided
- A cash bar and/or catering services is available at the Lapa on request
- Catered meals or self-catering
Exclusivity for use of the fully equipped main lapa cleaning staff and firewood can be requested at a fee.
Camp Nguni Luxury Tents:
- 6 x Safari tents – sleeps 2 pax each – Ideal for Couples or singles
- Located away from all other camps in the tranquillity of the Bushveld
- Furnished with double beds only, en-suite shower, basin & toilet, all linen provided
- Gas geyser and BATERY PACK FOR LIGHTING (No electricity)
- A self-catering lapa is available.
Thwane Bush Camp is part of the fully accredited METEORITE HIKING TRAIL. A variety of day hikes can be done from the camp. The full hiking trail can be done over three days, covering the “Bergland”, as well as getting down into the Vaal River valley.
Additional information & a map on hiking trail can be obtained from Thwane Bush Camp.
- 3 Thatched Hikers tents – sleeps 8-10 pax each
- Separate shared ablution facilities
- Single and bunk beds with mattress provided
- Linen provided
- Own lapa and braai area equipped with all basic kitchen utensils for self-catering purposes
- Meals can be pre booked during reservation
This thatched unit is situated away from the busy main camp and is ideal for couples in need of peace and quiet, the rustic feel of this cosy cottage is the perfect choice for your next breakaway.
- 1 x Double bed
- Small kitchen with bar fridge
- En-suite bath, toilet, his & her basin
- All linen provided
- Outside braai area
Activities and Team Building:
Free activities with no booking required:
- Mountain biking
Activities that must be booked with reservation:
- Guided walks
- River Rafting with full and half day options
- Sun downer drives with drinks and snacks
- Team Building with Enigma Adventures with customised activities for half-, full- and multi day events for conference or friend and family
Peak season dates as last is as follows:
- 19-22 March
- 26 March – 12 April
- 23-27 April
- 21-25 May
- 6-9 Aug
- 23 Sept – 4 Oct
- 8 Dec – 2 Jan
|Accommodation pp.pn||Description||In Season||Peak Season|
|Accommodation (Ablution facility with communal kitchen)|
|Hikers Camp – Adult||8 beds per tent||R180.00 pp.pn||R200.00 pp.pn|
|Hikers Camp – 3 – 12||8 beds per tent||R120.00 pp.pn||R150.00 pp.pn|
|Accommodation (En-suite bathroom)|
|Main Camp – Self Catering||4 beds per tent with kitchen||R825.00 per night||R925.00 per night|
|Main Camp – Communal Lapa for catering||4 beds per tent with kitchen||R725.00 per night||R825.00 per night|
|Wag ‘n bietjie camp||4 beds per tent||R725.00 per night||R825.00 per night|
|Nguni camp – No electricity in camp||1 double bed per tent||R525.00 per night||R625.00 per night|
|The Suite||Thatched cottage||R875.00 per night||R975.00 per night|
|Hikers Camp||24 beds||R4250.00 per night||R4800.00 per night|
|Main Camp||24 beds||R5350.00 per night||R6000.00 per night|
|Wag ‘n bietjie camp||12 beds||R2500.00 per night||R3100.00 per night|
|Nguni camp||6 double beds (12)||R3000.00 per night||R3500.00 per night|
|Thwane Bush Camp(The Donge Excluded)||Outright use of all facilities (The Suite included)||R15 500.00 per night||R18 000.00 per night|
- R120.00 – Adult
- R80.00 – 3 – 12Y
Ice = regular bag
Fire lighters – regular box
Guide on hiking trail
Trip to town
- R55.00 – Admin fee once off per reservation