Mount Sheba Rainforest Hotel and Resort
Pilgrims Rest, MPUMALANGA
Your Dream Breakaway is Here
Mount Sheba is situated in the Rain Forest near the famous town of Pilgrim’s Rest in Mpumalanga.
Superb Cuisine and Luxury Rooms with crackling wood Fireplaces, give a magical feel to this one-of-a-kind Forest Resort.
Tranquil Hiking Trails through the Rain Forest, rare Samango Monkeys and joyful bird calls will transport you to utter Relaxation.
The beautiful Forest Chapel and large Reception Venue provides you with the foundation for a Fairytale Wedding and the magical atmosphere will make your event memorable.
The Perfect Accommodation
Majestically Situated in the Indigenous Rain Forest of Mount Sheba, east of the famous Town of Pilgrim’s Rest you will find a misty mantle floating on sparkling champagne air.
A blanket of mist usually enfolds the Property in the mornings, and it is not unusual to experience all four seasons in one day.
The spacious lounge area with television, fireplace downstairs and a separate bathroom creates a feeling of privacy with nature at your doorstep. Following the flight of stairs to the loft, you will find a queen-size bed submerging you in a relaxing atmosphere, while the comfortable single bed for the young one’s downstairs provides enough bedding for all.
Each room has access to a private patio. Maximum 4 Persons. Ideally suited for 2 adults & 2 children.
Unique open-plan bedroom and seating area provides a “home away from home” feeling with the King size bed. Flowing into a colonial style furnished lounge area with a television, fireplace, and an en-suite bathroom.
Each room has access to a private patio or balcony. Maximum 2 Persons.
This suite includes an open plan bar and lounge area with a separate bedroom, en-suite bathroom with bath & shower and a separate toilet.
Both lounge and bedroom lead through glass double doors, which flow onto the private patio.
The mini-bar (stocked upon request) and a private dining area add to the peace and tranquility of the magnificent setting. Maximum 2 Persons sharing.
4 & 6 Sleeper Cottage
The self-catering cottages have a main bedroom with a Queen size bed, Lounge with double sleeper couch and one Bathroom with bath and shower. The 6 sleeper has a second bedroom upstairs with four single beds. Second bathroom downstairs with shower only.
The cottages are comfortably furnished with a fireplace, gas BBQ and are equipped with telephone, TV with selected DSTV channels, and a DVD player. Covered Parking available next to each unit. The cottages are serviced daily. Towels and linen are provided.
Non-powered Camping site
The Resort offers 8 non-powered camping stands (preferably tents), serviced by one Ablution Facility.
Come and enjoy the beauty of the surrounds in the comfort of you out camping setup.
Maximum 4 Guests per Site.
No caravans allowed
RV vehicles allowed
Available on site
- Hackett’s Tuck Shop
- Hackett’s Restaurant and bar
- Dinner at the Chandelier Restaurant
- Owl bar open during dinner time
- Cold water swimming pool
- 11 Accredited Walking Trails (free maps provided)
- Fly-fishing on site (no catch and release) – additional costs apply
- Selected DSTV channels in all suites
- Free Wi-Fi
- Fireplaces in all suites stacked daily.
Bed and Breakfast
- Single R1260.00 per room
- 2 pax sharing R1920.00 per room.
- Family Room R2390.00 per room (3 people)
- Family Room R2688.00 per room (4 people)
- Children 5 – 12 Yrs R288.00 pp.pn
Dinner Bed and Breakfast
- Single R1530.00 per room
- 2 pax sharing R2430.00 per room.
- Family Room R3050.00 per room (3 people)
- Family Room R3552.00 per room (4 people)
- Children 5 – 12 Yrs R400.00 pp.pn
- 1 pax: R230.00 – 1 pax pp.pn
- 2 pax: R290.00 – 2 per stand per night
- 3 pax: R350.00 – 3 pax per stand per night
- 4 pax: R410.00 – 4 pax per stand per night
- R80.00 pp
- R60.00 pp – Group of 12 or more
- R55.00 once off per reservation.
4 Sleeper Chalet
Hiking Trails at Mount Sheba